Competency management - is your organisation ready?
If you are considering competency management our infographic will help assess if your organisation is at the right stage of people development.
Here's our list of the 10 questions to ask.
- Is people development part of your company vision and goals, and are development objectives shared with all staff?
- Does your organisation have clear performance measures?
- Does your company successfully review staff and identify further training requirements?
- Do staff across the organisation have access to learning opportunities?
- Do managers have the attributes to develop people?
- Do you know the types and level of evidence required to demonstrate competence for all the activities carried out across the organisation?
- Are there development plans for all staff, identifying their job profile and competencies?
- Are staff development records tracked with evaluation and survey tools to enable real-time feedback from staff, suppliers and customers?
- Are you planning to improve organisational performance by providing collaborative planning, work-flow and project management tools?
- Are you committed to involving all staff in the process and providing visibility and communication across the organisation?
Yes to all of the above
You are definitely ready for competency management! eCom can help you build your own competency matrix and provide the appropriate system to ensure that competency is at the heart of all your people processes.
No to more than one of the above
You may want to start by building a People Strategy. eCom can help you assess where you are now and map how to achieve your overall strategy, with the appropriate systems to support that strategy. A worldwide study by Gallup has shown that engaged employees are 20% more productive and disengaged employees can actually destroy value. So spending time on how you manage your people is key.
Yes to more than one of the above
You are on your way to being ready for competency management. Competency management is a key tool to integrating your people processes. eCom can help you build your own competency matrix and provide the appropriate system to ensure that competency is at the heart of all your people processes.